Sunday, July 09, 2017

Photobucket

Bad news on the blog front for me. I looked at my blog on Friday to be confronted with an image informing me that I have to update my account to enable third party hosting. Checking online I discovered that Photobucket, where I store and link my photos from had decided overnight that they will no longer provide their service for free and want something like $400 per year. So about 1,800 photos on my blog reaching back until 2010 over about 400 blog posts have become invisible. I'm unwilling to stump up the money and am not sure if I have the time or the will to go back through all the blog posts and sort them out by uploading the photos to blogspot. Frankly I don't know what I'm going to do. Worse things happen but I'm a bit unhappy about having lost so much work and the prospect of sorting it all out again.

No comments: