Monday, April 28, 2008

Minnie the Cat


Oh dear. I haven't blogged for a while as I haven't been feeling very creative at all lately due to the fact that I had to get my cat put down a couple of weeks ago. She seemed a bit grumpy for a few days which wasn't all that unusual for her but a few things didn't seem quite right so she went for a trip up the vets and she was diagnosed with kidney failure and was put down the following day so it all happened very quickly and came as a real shock.

As anybody who has pets and loves them will know it is extremely upsetting to have to kill the thing that you love even if it is the best thing that you can do for them. What a terrible lesson of love this is. The thing is that if I have felt this bad about losing a cat who knows what other people have been going through when they lose a son or daughter or other loved ones. Necessary death is bad enough but why as a species do we tolerate all these wars and genocides going on all around the world? Wars for profit and control of resources seem crazy to me as none of this profit is of any use; it is only a temporary gain as none of it can be taken with you when you die and what is the point of money if it is not used to any good effect?

Losing my lovely cat just made every material thing I had seem irrelevant; what is the point of all this stuff when the things that are really important can be taken away so suddenly? All lessons that are of any value have to be learnt the hard way I suppose but what hard lessons are the lessons of love. Good luck Minnie wherever you have gone, it was a pleasure and an honour to be your friend.

No comments: